CSD Purchase Entitlement for Car, Bike, TV, WM and Refrigerator – CSD Guidelines on June 2015
GUIDELINES FOR PURCHASE OF FOUR / TWO WHEELERS & OTHER AFD-I ITEMS
ENTITLEMENT FOR FOUR WHEELERS:
Entitlement for AFD-I items other than car (refrig, tv, w/machine, two wheelers etc.)
For all categories after every three years.
Procedure for purchase of four wheelers:
- Customer who wishes to purchase four wheelers through CSD must obtain sanction from the office of Deputy Director General Canteen Services (DDGCS), QMG Branch, New Delhi in the prescribed application form.
- Obtain availability certificate from the dealer.
- On receipt of approval letter from DDGCS, QMG Branch New Delhi submit prescribed application (CSD Depot Indent form) at the concerned depot alongwith availability certificate and payment in the form of DD or RTGS/NEFT.
Other documents required at the depot for verification in addition to copy of car sanction letter from DDGCS, QMG Branch.
- CSD depot indent form duly countersigned by Commanding Officer of the unit for serving personnel or by Station Commander or Dy Director of Zila Sainik Board for Ex-Servicemen.
- Car sanction letter from DDGCS office, QMG Branch.
- Copy of PAN card/ Form 16.
- Copy of driving license (relaxable for retired PBORs & Senior citizens)
- Certified copy of paybook bearing entry with regard to purchase of car (applicable only for serving JCOs/OR and equivalents).
- Certificate from the CO/OC of Unit confirming that financial position of the applicant allows to purchase a car (applicable only for serving JCOs/OR and equivalents).
- PPO/Discharge book/Release Order (for ESM).
- Any other document as prescribed under the respective State Govt. notification.This is essential since State Govts while extending VAT relaxation prescribe specific documents to be submitted.
- Address proof.
Procedure for purchase of two wheelers & other AFD I items:
Entitled customer can purchase the items from CSD depots on submission of prescribed application form duly filled in alongwith payment either by DD or RTGS/NEFT. No prior sanction is required for two wheelers and other AFD I items from QMG’s Branch.
- DD to be drawn in favour of “Canteen Stores Department, Public Fund Account (Main) from any nationalized bank payable at the station of CSD depot. Prior to making the bank draft latest rates should be confirmed from the concerned depot/ dealer as these are subject to change. For approximate rates please go to product search on the Home Page of this website.
- On submission of application and payment, concerned depot will release documents such as OR, Sale letter, Supply Order, Authority letter etc.
- These documents have to be submitted to the concerned dealer for effecting delivery of the item.
- Payment for registration and insurance will be made to the dealer and not to CSD depot.
- For additional accessories, customer has to bear the expenses.
- In case a vehicle has a waiting list in the civil market, the same should be booked with a dealer who is affiliated with CSD, with minimum booking amount as decided by the manufacturer. Full payment can be made with CSD depot once the vehicle is available and the dealer issues an availability certificate. Advance booking of the vehicle with the civil dealer will be governed by the rules as promulgated by the manufacturer/dealer. This will save unnecessary blockage of funds.
- No payment is to be made on account of CSD handling charges/ logistic charges
to the dealer.
- Price will be charged as applicable at the time of delivery of item.
- No interest will be paid by CSD or by the dealer for late delivery of the vehicle.
- Business hours of CSD depots vary so please contact CSD depot concerned to ascertain transaction timings.
- No transactions are entertained on Sundays and Holidays.