Service of Strike Notice by NFIR Unions on the GMs of Zonal Railways/ Production Units
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110055
Affiliated to :
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
The General Secretaries of
Affiliated Unions of NFIR
Sub: Service of Strike Notice by NFIR Unions on the GMs of Zonal Railways/ Production Units-reg.
Please refer NFIR’s communication of even number dated 31st May, 2016 to the Affiliated Unions (already sent through mail). Also refer NFIR’s message of even number dated 04/06/2016.
In the NJCA meeting held on 3rd June 2016, after taking stock of the situation particularly in the context of Government’s failure to hold formal meetings and discuss on Charter of Demands for reaching a negotiated settlement, it has been decided that the JCM Constituent organizations shall serve Strike Notice on the respective employers/authorities on 9th June, 2016 . duly organizing massive rallies/demonstrations and proceed ahead for total mobilization of Central Government Employees / workers for Strike Action from 11 th July, 2016.
In this connection, NFIR has already sent to the affiliates, the proforma of Strike Notice together with Charter of Demands to facilitate the Affiliated Unions to serve Strike Notice on the respective GMs etc on 9th June, 2016. It was also conveyed that copy of Strike Notice should also be sent to different authorities as indicated in NFIR’s letter of even number dated 31st May, 2016 through e-mail and also through speed post.
The affiliates ofNFIR should mobilize Railway employees in a massive scale on 9th June, 2016 in the course of serving the Strike Notice. Media Conferences should also be held and the Charter of Demands vis-a-vis Government’s non-responsive attitude be highlighted for wider coverage.
The 11 Point Charter of Demands finalized by NJCA again on 3rd June, 2016 is enclosed. In addition, NFIR’s demands are also listed in the enclosure as part ‘B’ of the Charter of Demands.
The NJCA in its meeting held on 3rd June, 2016 has also decided as follows.
• The Constituents will plan and execute a massive mobilization campaign to cover each and every employee/worker in which all the National and State leaders must take part.
• The Unions / Federations /Associations will suspend immediately all ongoing negotiations with their departmental heads/authorities ‘1,ndconcentrate on the mobilization campaign.
• On 24th June, 2016, a massive united demonstration under the auspices of the NJCA will be held before the Parliament. The constituent organizations will decide upon the quota for each State Unit and communicate the same so that the State Units can take necessary steps to ensure that their members reach New Delhi on 24th June, 2016 and participate in the demonstration.
• The NJCA (CHQ) will write to the leaders of all the Political parties as also the Central Trade Unions seeking their support and solidarity as also explaining as to why the NJCA had to take the extreme step of organizing the strike action.
• All the constituent organizations and the State Units shall write such letters to the Members of Parliament of their respective States and shall make efforts to meet them in person to seek their support.
• All the State Units of the Constituent organizations either jointly or independently organize Press Conferences for coverage by Print and Electronic Media.
• The NJCA (CHQ) will hold such a Press Conference at Delhi on 23rd June, 2016 i.e. just one day prior to the mammoth demonstration planned before the Parliament.
• The Constituent organizations will get in touch with the Associations/Federations of the retired personnel both at the All India and State levels to seek their support for the strike action and enlist their participation in all demonstrative programmes organized by the working employees in support of Strike. The Pensioners Organizations may be informed of the Government decision to reject the recommendations of the 7th CPC to provide option no. 1 to the Pensioners as an alternative pension fitment formula.
• The constituents will also seek the participation of those organizations in their respective organizations/departments who are not associated with the NJCA being non-participants in the JCM Scheme.
NFIR therefore appeals to all its affiliates to make all out efforts to enlist the support of employees of all categories for their total and successful participation in the Strike Action. It needs to be realized that the historic decision for launching Strike Action by all Central Government Employees is an opportunity for every employee/worker to demonstrate united strength of working class and emerge victorious inspite of Government’s onslaughts. We should get ready to face any challenge and establish that our united struggle has not only brought laurels but also become an unforgettable event, inspiring future generations of work force.
NFIR also appeals to its affiliates to take necessary initiatives as indicated above promptly in order to see that message goes all over that the united struggle of rail workforce is creating greater impact for the eventual success.
(Dr M. Raghavaiah)
(See rule 71 of the Industrial Disputes Act 1947)
Form of Notice of Strike to be given by [Union/Workmen] in Public Utility service
[Names of five elected representatives of workmen]
Dated the 9th June of 2016
The General Manager,
In accordance with the provrsions contained in Sub-section (1) of Section 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, I/We ……….. hereby give you notice that I propose to call a strike I we propose to go on strike, on any day from 11th July 2016 at 6 A.M. for the reasons explained in the Annexure. (Charter of Demands).
[Five representatives of the workmen duly elected at a meeting held on ……. (date), vide resolution attached]
Statement of the Case.
(1) Assistant Labour Commissioner (Central)……….. (Here enter office address of the Assistant Labour Commissioner (Central) in the local area concerned)
(2) Regional Labour Commissioner (Central) …………, Zone.
(3) Chief Labour Commissioner (Central), Shram Shakti Bhavan, Rafi Marg, New Delhi (Email Id: [email protected])
Charter of Demands
1. Settle the issues raised by the NJCA on the recommendations of the th CPC sent to Cabinet Secretary vide letter dated 10th” December 2015.
2. Remove the injustice done in the assignment of pay scales to technical/safety categories etc., in Railways & Defence, different categories in other Central Government establishments by the th CPC.
3. Scrap the PFRDA Act and NPS and grant Pension/Family Pension to all CG employees under CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 & Railways Pension Rules, 1993.
4. i) No privatization/outsourcing/contractorisation of governmental functions
ii)Treat GDS as Civil Servants and extend proportional benefit on pension and allowances to the GDS.
5. No FDI in Railways & Defence; No corporatization of Defence Production Units and Postal Department.
6. Fill up all vacant posts in the government departments, lift the ban on creation of posts; Regularize the casual/contract workers.
7. Remove ceiling on compassionate ground appointments.
8. Extend, the benefit of Bonus Act, 1965 amendment on enhancement of payment ceiling to the adhoc Bonus/PLB of Central Government employees with the effect from the Financial year 2014-15.
9. Ensure five promotions in the service career of an employee .
10. Do not amend Labour Laws in the name of Labour reforms which will take away the existing benefits to the workers.
11. Revive JCM functioning at all levels.
Charter of Demands
1. Improve minimum wage of Rs.18000/- and correspondingly improve multiplier factor for pay fixation. Reject all retrograde recommendations of VII CPC.
2. Scrap New Pension Scheme (NPS) and restore old pension scheme to be made applicable to those railway employees employed on & after 1.1.2004.
3. Settle NFIR’s Charter of Demands submitted to the Government and Ministry of Railways on 24.12.2013, 28.01.2014, 03.07.2014, 07.07.2014,11.09.2015 & 10.12.2015 which include removal of anomalies of VI CPC, implementation agreements reached for merger of Technicians, grant up-gradation of Apex Group ‘C’ posts to Group ‘B’ Gazetted, replacement of Pay Band & GP of various categories, removal of salary calculation ceiling for ensuring payment of PLB on actual wages, grant of parity in case of Railway Stenographers with those working in Central Secretariat Services, reduction of duty hours, improvement in Railway Quarters, Medical facilities, creation of New Posts for New Assets/Services without insisting on matching surrender etc., Ensure career improvement of Safaiwalas / Safaiwalies in Railways SPAD definition to be reviewed to prevent harassment of victimization of Running & Safety staff, Absorption of Quasi-Administrative Units/Offices Staff against GP Rs. 1800/- (PB-I), Setting up of multi-disciplinary training institute to impart training in rail related electronic technologies to the wards of Railway employees, Induct Course Completed Act Apprentices against Safety vacancies etc.
4. Scrap report ,of Bibek Debroy Committee & implement positive recommendations of High Power Committee (Running & Safety).
5. Recall FDI notification of Government of India dated 22nd August, 2014 in construction, operation & maintenance of Indian Railways and scrap all agreements entered into with foreign Companies as well as National Companies which are detrimental to the interests of Railways & Nation.
6. Stop anti-worker amendments of labour laws.
7. Injustice done to Railway Employees like Technicians, Technical Supervisors, Loco and Traffic Running Staff, Operating Staff, Medical categories etc., in respect of allotment of 7th CPC Pay Matrix levels and promotional scope should be done away with and justice administered.
8. Ensure parity in pay structure & promotional scope for common categories with those working in the Central Secretariat/Ministries.
9. Retain existing allowance/advances.
10. (a) Constitute Joint Committees at each Ministry/Departmental level to resolve the VII CPC anomalies / berrations / injustices within the prescribed time frame, empowering them to resolve.
(b) Set up National Joint Committee to discuss and resolve VII CPC anomalies / aberrations / injustices within the prescribed time frame.
11. Ensure payment of P.L. Bonus at the rate of Rs. 7000/- p.m. for the year 2014-15 as was done in October, 2008 when the salary calculation limit was revised from Rs. 2500/- to Rs. 3500/- p.m.
Source : NFIR