What is the relationship between AICPIN Data and Central Government employees?
What is the connection between AICPIN and Central govt employees?
- The calculation of Dearness Allowance is the only aspect of the relationship between AICPIN and Central Government employees.
When AICPIN will be released?
- The All India Consumer Price Index Number (AICPIN) will be published by the Department of Labour Bureau on the last day of every month.
When will be August 2020 AICPIN released?
- The detailed statistical data of AICPIN for the month of August 2020 will be released on 30th September 2020.
Why so important of AICPIN for CG Employees?
- For the purpose of Expected Dearness Allowance (DA) calculation with effect from January and July of every year.
What is the connection between AICPIN and DA?
- All India Consumer Price Index Number is the main factor for calculating the percentage of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and pensioners.
When will announce DA hike?
- Usually the announcement of the Dearness Allowance hike after the approval of the Union Cabinet Committee. It may be in the month of March and September.
How many installments of DA hike per year?
- There will be two times a year. January and July of every year. The first installment from January to June and the second installment from July to December.
What is the calculation of Dearness Allowance?
- As per the 7th pay commission recommendations the calculation of Dearness Allowance is being calculated for Central Government employees and pensioners.
What is the calculation formula for DA?
- For calculating the percentage of Dearness Allowance, we need 12 months data of AICPIN (CPI-IW) and follow the formula.
For example, If we calculate the DA for the month of January 2018, we need 12 months of AICPIN data from January 2017 to December 2017. Now see the table, how da is calculated:
|Month / Year||AICPIN|
|Total of 12 Months of AICPIN||3374|
|Average of 12 Months of AICPIN||281.17|
|DA Fitment (Linking) Factor (261.42)||7.55|
|DA for the month of January 2018||7%|